Kurukshetra University, established in 1957, has a well-developed multi-faculty Campus spread over 473 acres of land on the south bank of Brahmsarovar. Ever since laying of foundation stone by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the First President of India, the University has taken quantum leaps and has emerged as an advanced centre of Study & Research for quality education in conformity with the international standards.
The University has centrally air-conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of 2500 and 70mm projector, Senate Hall, Conference Hall, well-equipped Sports Complex (Play fields, Gymnasium, Stadium, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts, Volleyball, Basketball Courts, etc.), Teachers' Club, Club for Administrative staff, 25 Hostels, (11 for Boys & 13 for Girls and 1 for Foreign male students), School, Health Centre, Business Complex, about 700 quarters for all categories of staff. Kurukshetra University has a rich Jawaharlal Nehru Library with more than 3.80 lac books, 181 journals (Foreign & Indian) and 15,328 rare manuscripts, Internet Section of 200 nodes, Computer Centre, Museum, Instrumentation (USIC) workshop, NSS Centre, Students' Guest House, Faculty House, etc. In addition to Directorate of Distance Education, University College and University College of Education, the University has 45 Teaching Departments on the campus and 369 affiliated colleges situated in the Districts of Ambala, Panipat, Kaithal, Yamuna Nagar, Hisar, Jind, Karnal, Kurukshetra and Panchkula.